For those interested to join, please find below the Mechanics of the Contest.
1) The contest is open to ALL librarians and paraprofessional staff working in a library or information center in the Southern Tagalog Region.
2) The contest duration is from September 26 to November 30, 2008.
3) Entries can be individual or institutional and should be in digitized format. The color gold must be a used as the dominant color of the logo and should reflect/include the ten (10) provinces comprising the Southern Tagalog Region, namely: Batangas, Cabite, Laguna, Marinduque, Oriental and Occidental Mindoro, Palawan, Quezon, Rizal and Romblon, as well as the year the Council was established (2004). A maximum of three(3) entries per province is allowed.
4) All entries must be emailed to plaistrlc[at]gmail[dot]com, together with the contestant’s basic information (name/institution/address/contact number). A rationale describing the different components of the logo must also be included in the email entry. ONLY one entry per individual per institution is allowed.
5) Logo must have a resolution of 1000 x 1400 pixels or at least 600 dpi with a file extension of jpg.
6) The design of the logo must be certified original and/or officially submitted by the participant. Any complaints that may arise due to similarities, likeness or comparison of the design would be the accountability of the participant and would be responsible to prove its authenticity.
7) All entries are considered property of the PLAI-Southern Tagalog Region Librarians Council (PLAI-STRLC) and maybe used by the Council. Likewise, submitted entries can not be featured in other contests, publications, adverstisements, exhibits and other printed or digital media.
8) The logo competition shall be judged according to the following criteria: Originality (40%), Significance (30%) and Overall Impact (30%). The winning entry will be declared by the PLAI-STRLC Executive Board and will serve as the official logo of the Council. The decision of the judges is final.
For more details, you may contact Ms. Lourdes V. Soriano or Ms. Mary Ann Ingua, Chair and Co-Chair of the Logo Making Contest Committee @ louvsoriano[at]yahoo[dot]com and maansky[at]yahoo[dot]com respectively.