From PLAI yahoogroups email :
We are pleased to invite you to attend PLAI’s National Congress on November 12-14, 2007 at the College of St. Benilde, Angelo King International Center, Arellano Ave. cor. Estrada St., Malate, Manila with the theme “Developing Competencies: Challenges and Issues”.
The National Congress is an activity of the PLAI for librarians and information professionals/ specialists and library administrators in celebration of the Library and Information Month, every November of each year.
We have invited PRC Associate Commissioner Nilo L. Rosas as our keynote speaker.
The objectives of the congress are as follows:
• To enlighten library stakeholders on the issues facing the library and information professionals
• To harness the skills and capabilities of librarians and information professionals
1. To enable participants in attaining and maintaining the skills and knowledge necessary for the current and future library work;
2. To assist the participants to look at their library environment and better understand the range of area that has to be enhanced;
3. To enable the participants to identify the skills that are used daily and to further widen the sphere of influence within and outside their organization.
The Conference fee is Three Thousand Eight Hundred Pesos (P3,800.00) inclusive of kit, seminar papers, certificate of participation/ appearance and snacks/lunches.
For the details/inquiries/ reservations please get in touch with the following:
Fe E. Abelardo feabelardo@ yahoo. com
Belen M. Vibar belen@ uap.edu. ph
6370912 to 26 loc.229 09272201725
Marlo C. Chavez caslib@ sanbeda. edu.ph
7356011 loc.6135 09273027474
Marilou C. Estillore Lou_baby28@ yahoo. com 5259401 09196810096
Susima L. Gonzales 7425612/5259401
We are encouraging everyone to attend our National Congress.
We have requested Civil Service Commission (CSC) Commission on Higher Education, (CHED) Department of Education (DepED) and Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) for attendance on official time.
The House of Delegates meeting will be on Nov. 14, 2007, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 nn. and the General Assembly will be from 1:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m. of the same day.
– No info yet for the fee to be paid by GA attendees only (maybe same as last year fee of P500.00, inclusive of lunch?)