As this blog celebrates its first year of existence this August 2007, allow us to share these ten tips on how to stay young as a way of thanking you, our readers, for taking time to read all our postings. Happy reading!
1) Throw out nonessential numbers (i.e. age, weight and height). Let the doctors worry about them, you pay them during your visit to their clinics:)
2) Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down (keep these in mind in case you are one of those grouches)
3) Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gradening or any worthwhile activity. Never let the brain get idle. Remember “An idle mind is the devil’s workshop”
4) Enjoy the simple things. Take time to smell the flowers.
5) Laugh often – long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. If you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him or her.
6) The tears happen: endure, grieve and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. LIVE while you are alive.
7) Surround yourself with what you love: Whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies. Your home will always be your refuge.
8) Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If is beyond what you can improve, get help. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
9) Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country but NOT to where guilt is.
10) Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity. You’ll be amazed at how they will return the same love a hundred fold.